ANTIGUA & BARBUDA CITIZENSHIP BY INVESTMENT
The Antigua and Barbuda Citizenship by Investment Program was established in 2013 and governed by Section 6 of the Citizenship by Investment Act, 2014.Qualifying investors can obtain irrevocable citizenship and passport in 3 months and need only visit for 5 days in 5 years.
There is no tax on foreign income.
The tropical Caribbean islands of Antigua and Barbuda are north of Montserrat & Guadaloupe.
Famous for its sailing and world-class regattas, this Island of Beaches, lapped by clear turquoise waters and surrounded by unbroken coral reefs, attract a large number of tourists who contribute much to the island’s economy.
The program is appealing to applicants seeking alternative citizenship through acquiring desirable properties or by contributing to the islands’ National Development Fund.
There are a number of investment options with Property investment being the least expensive and costs from $400,000 or $450,000 for a family of 4, including children under 29.
ANTIGUA & BARBUDA CITIZENSHIP BENEFITS
- Irrevocable Citizenship
- Citizenship in just 3 months
- No Residency Requirement
- Dual & Multi citizenships are permitted
- Citizenship for the investor, spouse and children under 30. Siblings and parents above 58 can be added
- Citizenship by Property Investment from $450,000. For a family of 4. $15,000 for each additional dependent
- National Development Fund. A non-refundable contribution of $100,000 + $25,000 for a family of 4.
- Business Investment into an eligible business from a minimum of $1,500,000
- Visa-free travel to over 158 countries, including the UK, EU, Singapore, Schengen countries, Hong Kong. Russia and China are not included.
- Eligible to operate a business and reside in the U.S. via E-2 Treaty Visa
Antigua & Barbuda Passport Benefits
Access to USA via E2 Visa
Once you receive your Antigua & Barbuda Passport, you will also be eligible to apply for an E-2 Visa to the U.S. (as Antigua & Barbuda is an E-2 Treaty Country). The E-2 Visa is a continuously extendable temporary U.S. working visa. which allows investors with citizenship from a Treaty Country to set up a new U.S. business, or invest in an existing U.S. business. Once the E-2 Visa is approved, the investor will have the right to live in the U.S. with their spouse and any children under 21 years old. To learn more about the E-2 Visa, please visit our E-2 Visa page here.
To learn how a Antigua & Barbuda Passport can give you access to the U.S. through the E-2 Visa, please contact us today
ANTIGUA & BARBUDA CITIZENSHIP BY INVESTMENT OPTIONS
Applicants have 3 investment type options: Approved real estate project; a non-refundable contribution into the National Development Fund, or an eligible business.
Approved Property Investment – 0,000
- The purchase of real estate with a minimum value of USD 200,000 from an approved real estate project. Two applicants can make a joint investment with each applicant investing a minimum of USD 200,000 in order to qualify. The real estate cannot be disposed of within the five-year period
Cash Contribution – from 0,000 + ,000 if family of 4
A National Development Fund non-refundable contribution of $100,000 for an individual; plus $25,000 for a family of 4; $15,000 for each additional dependent.
Business Investment – from ,500,000
- The direct purchase of an eligible business for a minimum amount of USD 1.5 million as an individual. Alternatively, a joint purchase where each person contributes at least USD 400,000, totalling a minimum of USD 5 million. Details on request.
Cash Contribution – from USD 150,000
- A contribution to the University of the West Indies of a minimum non-refundable amount of USD 150,000
ANTIGUA & BARBUDA CITIZENSHIP BY INVESTMENT PROCESS
Step 1 – Choose your investment option
During our initial conversations with you, our Antigua & Barbuda specialist will help you identify the right investment route for you. We will send you a selection of qualifying investment options.
After an internal due diligence is complete and your application intent approved, 50% of the legal fee is required to proceed. Our team will assist in preparing all documents to support your application and investment choice
Step 2 – Due Diligence Checks
Once the application file is complete and if necessary, translated accordingly, the balance of the legal fee becomes payable, plus any due diligence fees, 10% government fees and real estate deposit if applicable.
Step 3 – Document filing 1 month
Your application file is sent to Antigua & Barbuda Citizenship Unit for processing
Step 4 – Complete Property Purchase 2 to 3 months
After 2 to 3 months, the government will notify you of their background checks and give formal approval, pending the final payment of your investment and any government fees which remain.
Step 5 – Certificate of Registration Issued. 3 to 4 months
Once your funds are received, the government will issue a Certificate of Naturalisation and prepare your passport application with the Passport Office.
Step 6 – Submit Citizenship Application 3 to 6 months
You and all parties on your application receive passports with the entire process taking typically 3 to 6 months. This term is not guaranteed and may vary depending on government workload.
What Others Say.
Residency Invest was very professional and transparent on their advice on the application process for EB5. What impressed me most was their responsiveness to all the questions and follow-ups process to ensure the completeness of application. I would highly recommend Nick in case you are looking for some prompt and efficient guidance on the process.