E-2 Investor Visa For USA

The E-2 Investor Visa, also known as an E-2 non-immigrant Visa, is a temporary U.S. working visa. The E-2 investor visa allows investors with citizenship from a Treaty country like Spain to set up a new U.S. business, or invest in an existing U.S. business. Once the E-2 Visa is approved, the investor will have the right to live in the U.S. with their spouse and any children under 21 years old.

The E-2 investor Visa also allows an investor to send employees from their own country to work as senior managers / specialists in the investor’s E-2 business.

Whilst there is no official minimum or maximum investment amount to meet the ‘substantial investment requirement,’ it is generally advised that the investment into the U.S. business should be at least $150,000.

The E-2 visa initially lasts for 2 years (some countries up to 5 years), and can be extended indefinitely.

E2 Investor Visa USA

The E-2 Visa is one of the fastest routes to a working visa in the U.S.


    • Fast route to U.S. – E-2 investor Visa Approval takes between 2-4 months
    • The minimum investment recommended is typically $150,000
    • Low-cost investment into your own business, or an existing business
    • Treaty investors and employees may be accompanied or followed by spouses and unmarried children who are under 21 years of age.
    • Spouse has the right to work or study in U.S.A
    • Children have the right to study and work in U.S.A
    • Existing businesses available for investment (please ask us about availability)
    • Can include employees from the home country under the E-2 investor Visa

    Please note, the E-2 investor visa program is a working visa, not a Green Card. If your objective is to become a U.S. Green Card holder or U.S. Citizen, please ask us about the EB-5 Investor Visa

E2 Investor Visa Process

Get our E-2 Investor Visa Brochure, cost sheet and available investment options


While the E-2 visa offers extraordinary flexibility for foreign entrepreneurs and carries no minimum dollar investment threshold to qualify, there are some important qualifying criteria and limitations which need to be carefully considered.

  • You must be a national of a country with which the United States maintains a treaty of commerce and navigation
  • You must have invested, or be actively in the process of investing, a substantial amount of capital in a bona fide enterprise in the United States 
  • You must be be seeking to enter the United States solely to develop and direct the investment enterprise. This is established by showing that you have at least 50% ownership of the enterprise or possession of operational control through a managerial position or other corporate device.


Step 1 – Consultation with an experienced Client Advisor
Together with you our E-2 Visa specialist will first establish if you are eligible to apply for E-2. If you are not eligible your client advisor will discuss applying for an Eligible citizenship first (Turkey or Grenada). This initial consultation is free.

Step 2 – Choose Investment Route
Our E-2 Investor Visa specialist will help you determine the best investment type. Based on your individual needs and preferences, this will be  either an existing U.S. business or a new U.S. business.

Step 3 – Document collation and Business Plan
A dedicated relationship manager will be appointed to assist you in securing and compiling all necessary supporting documents and completing various government application forms for the E-2 Investor Visa application. In addition, if required, the preparation of the business plan for your proposed investment. We will also assist you in setting the business up if needed.

Step 4 – File DS-160 Application
Your E-2 Investor Visa application is filed at the U.S. embassy or consulate in your home country or country of Residence. We help prepare you for an interview. The approval usually takes 2-4 months.

Step 5 – Enter U.S. on your E-2 Visa
After the interview at the U.S. Consulate, you will be given a visa to travel to the U.S. Your initial E-2 Visa will last for 2 years.

Step 6 – Extend your E-2 Visa
If you wish to stay in the U.S., you will be able to apply for an extension every 2 years, as long as your business is still operational.

What Others Say.

E-2 investor visa

While applying for an American visa, Nick and his team were super helpful. At a time when we were overwhelmed with the requirements, they broke it down for us and helped us navigate the process perfectly.

S.M, Hong Kong