Spain is part of the European Union, which means Spanish residents can travel visa-free to all Schengen Zone countries for up to three months in a six month period, as can your family members.
Other benefits include:
- You do not have to live in Spain to renew your residence permit.
- You can work and live in Spain legally.
- You can bring your family members with you (spouse, children, and dependent parents)
- You and your family members will have access to public services such as state health care and schooling.
Requirements for Spain Golden Visa (Real Estate)
If you have purchased a property in Spain, you must prove you have acquired ownership of the property through a certificate issued by the Land Registry within the three months prior to the application.
This certificate must include the purchase amount (no less than €500,000).
If the property purchase has not been entered in the Land Registry yet, you can simply submit proof that the documents have been entered for filing along with the proof of payment.
If the purchase of real estate has not been finalised, you can submit the preliminary contract, including a down payment, and a letter from a financial institution in Spain proving the availability of the required funds.
Investor Requirements for Spain Golden Visa
To prove your investment when any Investor applies for a Spain GoldenVisa, the following documents have to be submitted:
- Investment in the Spanish Government Debt: A certificate from the Bank of Spain or another financial institution, stating you are the sole owner of the investment for a period of at least five years.
- Investment in stocks or shares in a Spanish company: A statement of the investment from the Spanish Registrar of Investments of the Ministry of Economy and Competitiveness.
- Investment in quoted shares: A certificate of the financial intermediary stating your investment, registered at the Spanish National Stock Market Commission or at the Bank of Spain.
- Investment in a bank deposit: A certificate from the financial institution naming you as the sole owner of the bank deposit.
Is It Possible to Get a Loan to Apply for Spain Golden Visa?
No, you cannot apply for a Golden Visa for Spain if you acquire the money via a loan. You must make the initial investment in full, though your own funds and you must be the sole owner of the investment.
However, if you purchase a property worth more than €500,000, then you can use loans and financing to pay for the amount exceeding €500,000.
Is It Possible to Make a Joint Investment to Get a Spain Investment Visa?
Even if you make a joint investment or purchase, each individual investment has to meet the minimum requirements. As such, if you decide to purchase a property, each person involved has to pay €500,000 to be eligible for the Golden Visa. It is not possible to split the investment into smaller amounts, as you would not be eligible for the Golden Visa residency.