To obtain an EB-5 Investor Visa in Delhi, you will need to go through the following steps:
1. Find a qualified regional center: The first step is to find an approved and reputable regional center that is authorized by the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) to participate in the EB-5 Immigrant Investor Program.
2. Make the necessary investment: The EB-5 program requires a minimum investment of $1.8 million ($900,000 if investing in a targeted employment area) in a qualifying new commercial enterprise. The investment must create or preserve at least 10 full-time jobs for qualifying U.S. workers within two years of the immigrant investor’s admission to the U.S.
3. File an I-526 petition: Once you have chosen a regional center and made the necessary investment, you will need to file an I-526 petition with the USCIS. This petition demonstrates that your investment meets the program’s requirements and that you have the necessary funds available.
4. Wait for approval: After filing the I-526 petition, you will need to wait for USCIS to review and approve it. The processing time can vary, and it is advisable to consult with an immigration attorney who specializes in EB-5 visas to ensure a smooth process.
5. Consular Processing: If your I-526 petition is approved, you will then go through the consular processing phase. This involves applying for an immigrant visa at the U.S. Embassy or Consulate in Delhi. You will need to provide supporting documents, attend an interview, and complete other necessary steps.
6. Obtain Conditional Green Card: Once your visa is approved, you will be issued a conditional green card, which will be valid for two years. This allows you and your immediate family to enter the U.S. as conditional permanent residents.
7. I-829 Petition: Within the 90-day period before the expiration of your conditional green card, you will need to file an I-829 petition with the USCIS to remove the conditions on your permanent residency. This petition requires you to demonstrate that you have fulfilled the necessary investment and job creation requirements.
8. Receive Permanent Green Card: If your I-829 petition is approved, you will be granted a permanent green card, providing you and your family with permanent residency status in the U.S.
Please note that the above steps provide a general outline of the EB-5 visa application process. It is essential to consult with experienced immigration attorneys or Investor Visa professionals for personalized guidance and to stay updated on any changes in the program’s requirements or procedures.
Frequently Asked Questions
EB-5 Investor Visa in Delhi
What is an EB-5 Investor Visa, and how does it work?
An EB-5 Investor Visa is a U.S. immigrant visa program that allows foreign investors and their immediate families to obtain a green card by investing a certain amount of capital in a qualifying U.S. business. This investment must create or preserve a minimum number of jobs for U.S. workers. Once approved, the investor and their family can live, work, and study anywhere in the United States.
How can I find reliable assistance for my EB-5 Visa application in Delhi?
It’s crucial to seek guidance from experienced professionals to navigate the complex EB-5 process. Look for reputable immigration attorneys or EB-5 consulting firms in Delhi with a proven track record of successful applications. Research their credentials, client reviews, and success stories to make an informed decision.
What are the investment requirements for the EB-5 Visa program?
To be eligible for the EB-5 Visa, investors must typically invest a minimum amount of either $1.8 million in a new commercial enterprise or $900,000 in a targeted employment area (TEA), which is an area with high unemployment or a rural region. The investment must also create or preserve at least 10 full-time jobs for qualified U.S. workers.
How long does the EB-5 Visa process usually take from Delhi?
The EB-5 Visa process can vary in duration, but it generally consists of two main stages: obtaining conditional residency and obtaining permanent residency. From start to finish, it may take around 24 to 30 months or longer. The processing time depends on factors such as application complexity, USCIS workload, and visa availability.
Are there any risks associated with the EB-5 Investor Visa program?
Like any investment, the EB-5 program carries inherent risks. The success of the investment and the approval of the visa application depend on various factors, including the chosen project’s viability, job creation, and adherence to program requirements. Consulting with experienced professionals can help mitigate risks and guide you towards making informed investment decisions.
Remember that the EB-5 Investor Visa process can be complex, and it’s essential to seek professional guidance throughout your journey. Conduct thorough research and engage trustworthy experts to increase your chances of a successful EB-5 Visa application in Delhi.